Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cuban holidays: Cuban life

I'll see Cuba for myself
I have often wondered what a holiday on Cuba might be like. One hears so many stories about poverty, repression and on the other hand, happy people, well fed, plenty of good housing and healthcare. I would like to see for myself I think.


heres an interesting tale:

"Back in the days before the US embargo, holidays in Cuba used to be all the rage. My grandfather used to go on and on about Cuba holidays. Although I enjoyed his stories, back when I was a kid I always assumed that he was exaggerating for effect. He would tell me about meeting kings of business and European royalty, movie stars and mobsters, all there to have a great time on an island paradise. One of his last regrets was that he did not get to go on another Cuba holiday before he died. Although things have changed a lot over there, my grandpa would be happy today if he knew that his grandson had made a trip over to that beautiful island."


Read more...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Andalucia, Spain
Doylie 45. What kind of a handle is that? Well, Doylie is my knick-name and the 45 are the last two digits of my army number. I am what is called an "SEO Search Engine Optimiser" being as I get websites found but I like to call my work Search Engine Advertising because really, that's what I actually do, I advertise on the Search Engines. Born in the fair city of Liverpool, although I am a fan of The Peoples Club, Everton FC. I like Blues music, guitar, Internet, fine wine (and some crap ones) and good food.